Wednesday 22 September 2010

Zumba!!

So I was talking about exercise in my last post, and how you have to find something you really love.

I think I finally have. Having tried everything - walking, running, step aerobics, all sorts of DVDs, even the Wii Fit - a friend of mine (who had lost over 100lbs on WeightWatchers and is now pregnant with her fourth child) recommended Zumba to me. This was a while ago, but I had been absolutely determined to try it.

Three weeks ago, literally the day before the first class, I booked it and went. I spent the entire hour exhausted, sweating and smiling and laughing the whole way through - something which I can't remember EVER doing with any kind of exercise before.

If you haven't heard of Zumba, here is the official site: http://www.zumba.com/ It's a fitness workout for sure, but the great thing is, you don't know you're doing it!! You are dancing the whole time and it's incorporating all sorts of different dance styles and rhythms. We do hip hop, belly dancing, flamenco, latin, merengue, Bollywood, reggae, slow and fast...

Here are a few examples of songs we dance to:




I definitely recommend this to everyone who likes a dance. Leave your inhibitions at the door - it's VERY freeing! - and don't worry about any wobbly bits, they'll soon go! I've dropped a jeans size already in 3 weeks, which is no mean feat when I am more or less at goal weight!

GO FOR IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment