Tuesday 21 September 2010

A New Dawn....

On September 5th, I went to my very first WeightWatchers Leader Conference in Newcastle (upon-Tyne!) On this particular Sunday, it was only for my Region - region one - but I still got into the room and suddenly was very aware of the scale of the company I work with. Self-employed or not, I am part of something so huge and I'm very proud to be a part of it!

Anyway, Conference happens once every two years and is the time when awards are given out, such as long service awards, Diamond Leader awards and the very prestigious Jean Nidetch award. It is also the time when the new "innovation" is revealed to the Leaders across the country. (At the moment, this blog is set to private so I will be saying what I think and revealing how I'm getting on with said new innovation, but just in case I've got the settings wrong, I won't give anything major away!!)

Two years ago, it was the launch of the Discover Plan. Before I became a Leader and, from a member point of view, this was, a great updating of the programme. I really enjoyed the Points/Core flexibility of the Switch plan, but Discover was fantastic for me, combining the best elements of both.

But THIS??? Well let me tell you.... they have truly outdone themselves with this one. The biggest change since Points were introduced 15 years ago. A total re-vamp of everything. It will mean forgetting everything you know (well not EVERYTHING, but the core elements!) and starting from scratch - a fresh start for everyone, members AND Leaders alike!

There is a completely new found freedom with this new plan. They have made it more flexible, more liveable and, most importantly, much more up-to-date than ever - it fits in with current science and everything that is known about nutrition, which has changed SO much in the last 10 years. It has been in development for the last three years, and has had clinical trials, been rigorously tested and has even been in place for almost a year in Europe so there's no doubt it works!!


As always, the Leaders have to "live" the new plan to really get to know it inside and out before they can give it to their members. So I have been doing that for the last 3 weeks. So far, I've lost 5.5lbs! It's like being a totally new member again! I'm loving it so much!

I just want to tell my members now, but I CAN'T!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment