Friday 5 November 2010

OMG. The Daily Mail!?!??!?

Renowned for being quite possibly one of the worst scaremongering papers ever (even though it purports to be a broadsheet in a tabloid format), The Daily Mail has been given an (almost) exclusive on ProPoints.

I was livid when I read it (and after a look on the Leader site, turns out I wasn't the only one). I sent a massive email to all the Leaders in my area and my ASM too complaining!!

I think, on reflection, it was the fact that we were all asked to keep it a complete secret until soft launch week, and then - at the eleventh hour no less - WeightWatchers head honchos go and give all the secrets away in a massive three page spread.

The article in question, if you haven't already read it, is here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1326447/Weight-Watchers-Pro-Points-plan-A-new-approach-dieting-success.html but by now you should already know all about ProPoints from your Leader and know how fabulous it is!

Anyway, feeling pretty despondent I headed off to my Thursday night meeting, determined to put a happy and excited face on it and STILL not let anything slip to my members.

Imagine my delight and surprise when the meeting was full! (Well full for this meeting anyway!! Haha!). I had members returning, new members joining and everyone stayed for the meeting talk too! I was very enthusiastic.... how could I not be? ProPoints has helped me to lose weight and I don't really have weight to lose!!

So as it turned out, I had one of the BEST meetings I've had for a LONG time. 

The interesting thing was that one of my members said she'd read the Daily Mail article and when she tried to say what she'd read it all came out COMPLETELY muddled up. So even though they've read it, it doesn't mean they understand any of it. 

It makes total sense to us as Leaders when we read the article, because we know how it works and we've been trained how to follow it and how to help members follow it, but they need LEADING!! My panic was instantly dispelled, and was made even better when I asked everyone to write down their goals for Christmas and they came out with things like: 

- Have a guilt-free Christmas 
- Enjoy a party over the festive period without putting too much (any) weight on 
- Get into my party dresses 
- Be able to go to an impromptu party without worrying about gaining that week. 

Everyone said I was visibly excited while we were discussing these things and I said "You know why???? You'll find out next week!!!!" 

They may have read all about it, but they're going to look to us to lead them. It's all about the members and I guess the proof will be in the (WW ProPointed!) pudding when we see how the numbers look coming through the doors next week. 

Let's just say I was totally eating my ranting words.

No comments:

Post a Comment